Обсуждение: PosgreSQL 10 things to know about ?

PosgreSQL 10 things to know about ?

От
Seum-Lim Gan
Дата:
Hi everyone,

I am new here and am wondering if anyone knows if there is something
like 10 things to know about PostgreSQL ?

Also, like 3 tips about using PostgreSQL ?

Thanks.

Gan

PosgreSQL 10 things to know about ?

От
Chris Humphries
Дата:
1) FREE
2) FAST
3) "real" true acid rdbms (*cough* unlike mysql *cough*)
4) Been around for a long time (codebase is solid and well tested)
5) Secure
6) Has cool stuff like triggers, views, functions, rules
7) Good community support
8) "battle" testing in production environments (like e-com, and government sites)
9) Portable
10) Works like a women magnet, just uttering it's very name...

1) read the user docs
2) read the admin docs
2) search mailing list archives for answers

--
Chris Humphries
Development InfoStructure

Re: PosgreSQL 10 things to know about ?

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 01:56:43PM -0500, Chris Humphries wrote:

> 10) Works like a women magnet, just uttering it's very name...

That is, of course, only if you can avoid having a conversation about
_how_ to utter the name ;-)

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Re: PosgreSQL 10 things to know about ?

Дата:
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 01:56:43PM -0500, Chris Humphries wrote:
>
> > 10) Works like a women magnet, just uttering it's very name...

We need to get _that_ item into the marketing stuff.

Re: PosgreSQL 10 things to know about ?

От
Philip Hallstrom
Дата:
I'd also recommend reading the online books that are available...