Обсуждение: Install: Japanese: What options needed?

Install: Japanese: What options needed?

От
Jean-Christian Imbeault
Дата:
I am installing pgsql for the first time and I am a bit confused on some
of the compile options needed to enable Japanese language support (being
able to put japanese input into the DB and do operations on it. I have a
english Linux system and want to do admin stuff in english)

--enable-locale

I am assuming that I don't want this since I want to do admin stuff in
english. Am I right?

--enable-multibyte

I assume I need this and should preferably set it to EUC-JP? What is the
difference between this compile-time option and "initdb -E EUC_JP"?

Is doing "./configure --enable-multibyte=EUC_JP" all I need in order to
be able to put japanese into my DB and then do things like sorting?

Thanks!

Jc

Re: Install: Japanese: What options needed?

От
Hiroki Takada
Дата:

Hi,

> of the compile options needed to enable Japanese language support (being
> able to put japanese input into the DB and do operations on it. I have a
> english Linux system and want to do admin stuff in english)
>
> --enable-locale
>
> I am assuming that I don't want this since I want to do admin stuff in
> english. Am I right?

My Japanised linux box has been working well without this option for sorting
, seaching or other operations about tables that have Japanese text data,
however the manual descrive it affects sveral environments related programing
as well as admin stuffs.

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?charset.html#LOCALE

> --enable-multibyte
>
> I assume I need this and should preferably set it to EUC-JP? What is the
> difference between this compile-time option and "initdb -E EUC_JP"?
>
> Is doing "./configure --enable-multibyte=EUC_JP" all I need in order to
> be able to put japanese into my DB and then do things like sorting?

It makes using multiple-byte charactors in regular expressions, LIKE and
some other features possible as you may have know. please see the below
 URL for detail.

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?multibyte.html

I am not sure what you meant by 'sorting Japanese text'.
It works like a telephone directory as long as sorted data is all in
Hiragana or Katakana.

I hope it will work for you.

Hiroki

- --
    Hiroki Takada <takada@rh.xdsl.ne.jp>

    My public key is available at the public key
    servers. The message was signed as iso-2022-jp
    char-set document in no PGP/MINE (RFC 2015)
    format.