Install: Japanese: What options needed?

От Jean-Christian Imbeault
Тема Install: Japanese: What options needed?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am installing pgsql for the first time and I am a bit confused on some
of the compile options needed to enable Japanese language support (being
able to put japanese input into the DB and do operations on it. I have a
english Linux system and want to do admin stuff in english)

--enable-locale

I am assuming that I don't want this since I want to do admin stuff in
english. Am I right?

--enable-multibyte

I assume I need this and should preferably set it to EUC-JP? What is the
difference between this compile-time option and "initdb -E EUC_JP"?

Is doing "./configure --enable-multibyte=EUC_JP" all I need in order to
be able to put japanese into my DB and then do things like sorting?

Thanks!

Jc