Обсуждение: User rights across databases

User rights across databases

От
Francisco Reyes
Дата:
Do user permissions exist accros databases?
I have two databases, one production one test, where I have tables with
the same names. I was going to add users to the test database and the
server responded that the users already existed. How are the permissions
controlled for tables with the same name accros different databases?

Re: User rights across databases

От
Dado Feigenblatt
Дата:
Users are global for all the databases.
Permissions apply to table ids, not to their names.

--
Dado Feigenblatt                                 Wild Brain, Inc.
Technical Director                               (415) 216-2053

returning multiple results with stored procedures

От
"Geoffrey J. Gowey"
Дата:
I was wandering through the source on how to send back multiple rows and
columns and stumbled apon ExprMultipleResult mentioned in the README in
src/backend/utils/fmgr/.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this is or is
not what I'm looking for.  There's very little code using this feature
and I could not find any documentation.  Can anyone explain to me if
this is what I need and, if so, how to implement it using Version 1
style coding as well as any other helpful pieces of information?

Geoff

Re: returning multiple results with stored procedures

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
Geoffrey J. Gowey wrote:

> I was wandering through the source on how to send back multiple rows and
> columns and stumbled apon ExprMultipleResult mentioned in the README in
> src/backend/utils/fmgr/.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this is or is
> not what I'm looking for.  There's very little code using this feature
> and I could not find any documentation.  Can anyone explain to me if
> this is what I need and, if so, how to implement it using Version 1
> style coding as well as any other helpful pieces of information?

You can return multiple rows, but not really multiple columns directly
(at least not yet). See contrib/dblink in the 7.2 beta for an example.

HTH,

--Joe

Re: User rights across databases

От
Francisco Reyes
Дата:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Dado Feigenblatt wrote:

> Users are global for all the databases.
> Permissions apply to table ids, not to their names.

Thanks. So I guess groups are also global.