Обсуждение: problem with localization

problem with localization

От
Carsten Grewe
Дата:
Hi,

I'm new to pgsql and have run into the first problem. I can't persuade pgsql
to localize (German). As far as I got the manual, pgsql should recognize the
users' environment variable like LC_NUMERIC etc. and adjust the output
accordingly. Unfortunately the output (using psql) is always the same: date
in iso format and numbers with decimal point instead of the required comma.
Pgsql has been compiled with locale enabled and I have made sure that the
environment variables are set correctly (de_DE@euro, I also tried de_DE).
What did I forget?

Thanks
Carsten

Re: problem with localization

Дата:
Carsten Grewe <DerReisende@schatzis.org> writes:
> I'm new to pgsql and have run into the first problem. I can't persuade pgsql
> to localize (German).

It sounds like you are setting the locale in psql's environment.  But
what you have to set is the server's locale.

Also, in recent releases LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE are locked down at
initdb time; you can't change them just by restarting the postmaster.

            regards, tom lane