Обсуждение: Caching query plan...

Caching query plan...

От
"Christian Meunier"
Дата:
Was wondering if something is worked to get a pool of cached query plan in
Postgresql ?
the topic [cached query plan] on the TODO list is a bit out of date and i
believe this feature could decently improve performance.

Re: Caching query plan...

Дата:
> Was wondering if something is worked to get a pool of cached query plan in
> Postgresql ?
> the topic [cached query plan] on the TODO list is a bit out of date and i
> believe this feature could decently improve performance.

We haven't gone any farther than what you see in the TODO list detail.

Re: Caching query plan...

От
Bo Lorentsen
Дата:
Christian Meunier wrote:

> Was wondering if something is worked to get a pool of cached query plan in
> Postgresql ?
> the topic [cached query plan] on the TODO list is a bit out of date and i
> believe this feature could decently improve performance.

Also it would be nice to se the use of "prepared statements" and "host
arrays" in the PG API, as these are the key to optimal use of "cached query
plans", and is supported in several SQL interfaces (JDBC).

/BL

Re: Caching query plan...

От
Fernando Schapachnik
Дата:
En un mensaje anterior, Christian Meunier escribió:
> Was wondering if something is worked to get a pool of cached query plan in
> Postgresql ?
> the topic [cached query plan] on the TODO list is a bit out of date and i
> believe this feature could decently improve performance.

Some guys on my university made an implementation of cached query
plans on Postgres as they degree thesis. I don't know the details,
but if there is interest I might be able to contact them (they might
be already reading this list, OTOH...)

Regards

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Gerente de tecnología de red