Обсуждение: Old Template0 is annoying me!

Old Template0 is annoying me!

От
Javier Dussaillant
Дата:
Hi,

First, hello to everyone, I'm new to the list :)

Well, I have the following problem. When I upgraded to pgsql 7.1 (I can't
recall exactly what previous version I had), postgresql created a
Template1, in addition to the Template0 that already existed, and
everything is working fine, but the Template0 DB is making some problems.
I upgraded sometime ago so I don't remember exactly what I did. I think
that I dumped all my DBs, dropped them, upgraded, initdb an then I restored
them. But, I didn't consider what would happen to Template0, so it seems
that it stayed like an anachronic entity, a specter that bugs me but that I
cannot grab. When I use phpPgAdmin, it truncates the DB list at Template0
so I can't see the DB that would go after it. When I'm using Webmin's
PostgreSQL module, when I try to see the Granted Privileges this undead
Template0 starts consuming all of my machine's resources, sucking up it's
life energy :(

I tried to vacuum the God forsaken DB while chanting some mantras, hoping
that it may fix it. I tried to banish it casting a Drop spell on it but
didn't work either.

So, any ideas of how I may exorcise my poor little linux from this evil
Template0?

         Thanks,

P.D.: I was hearing Dead Can Dance while writing this mail so.... :)

                 Javier Dussaillant G.
                 ashkar@vrweb.cl
                 Departamento de Desarrollo VRWEB ltda.
                 http://www.vrweb.cl

Re: Old Template0 is annoying me!

Дата:
Javier Dussaillant <ashkar@vrweb.cl> writes:
> Well, I have the following problem. When I upgraded to pgsql 7.1 (I can't
> recall exactly what previous version I had), postgresql created a
> Template1, in addition to the Template0 that already existed,

The other way around I would believe ...

> them. But, I didn't consider what would happen to Template0, so it seems
> that it stayed like an anachronic entity, a specter that bugs me but that I
> cannot grab. When I use phpPgAdmin, it truncates the DB list at Template0
> so I can't see the DB that would go after it. When I'm using Webmin's
> PostgreSQL module, when I try to see the Granted Privileges this undead
> Template0 starts consuming all of my machine's resources, sucking up it's
> life energy :(

Your complaint is colorful but it's not easy to determine exactly what's
going wrong for you.  template0 should just sit there quietly and not do
anything.  Perhaps you need to get updated versions of phpPgAdmin and/or
webmin that know that that's a system database and they shouldn't try to
connect to it?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Old Template0 is annoying me!

От
Javier Dussaillant
Дата:
Hmmm... I was thinking the same a while ago. I updated webmin like a week
ago, but perhaps it didn't update the pgsql module...
I'll check that.

Thanks to you and Andrew Sullivan who replied to me also :)