Re: Old Template0 is annoying me!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Old Template0 is annoying me!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Javier Dussaillant <ashkar@vrweb.cl> writes:
> Well, I have the following problem. When I upgraded to pgsql 7.1 (I can't
> recall exactly what previous version I had), postgresql created a
> Template1, in addition to the Template0 that already existed,

The other way around I would believe ...

> them. But, I didn't consider what would happen to Template0, so it seems
> that it stayed like an anachronic entity, a specter that bugs me but that I
> cannot grab. When I use phpPgAdmin, it truncates the DB list at Template0
> so I can't see the DB that would go after it. When I'm using Webmin's
> PostgreSQL module, when I try to see the Granted Privileges this undead
> Template0 starts consuming all of my machine's resources, sucking up it's
> life energy :(

Your complaint is colorful but it's not easy to determine exactly what's
going wrong for you.  template0 should just sit there quietly and not do
anything.  Perhaps you need to get updated versions of phpPgAdmin and/or
webmin that know that that's a system database and they shouldn't try to
connect to it?