Обсуждение: Porting Web application written in Oracle 8 PL/SQL to Postgresql

Porting Web application written in Oracle 8 PL/SQL to Postgresql

От
angelflow@yahoo.com (Andy)
Дата:
Hi all,

My company has a pretty big Web-based application written in PL/SQL
using an Oracle 8 backend database. We're thinking about moving from
Oracle to Postgresql. I wondered if there's any quick way to do the
porting:

- Any auomated tools to translate the PL/SQL code & to create tables?
- What process do you recommend for doing the porting?
- Other suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Andy

Re: [HACKERS] Porting Web application written in Oracle 8

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
At 02:02 03/11/01 -0800, you wrote:
>- Any auomated tools to translate the PL/SQL code & to create tables?
>- What process do you recommend for doing the porting?
>- Other suggestions?

Hello,

Try have a look at http://pgadmin.postgresql.org
It features a PL/pgSQL function editor with migration wizard (database only).

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE