Обсуждение: Great Bridge ceases operations

Great Bridge ceases operations

Дата:
Effective tomorrow, Great Bridge LLC will cease operations.  Full
information can be obtained from:

        http://www.greatbridge.com/

Great Bridge .org, http://greatbridge.org/, will remain in place until
projects are migrated to a new site.

Tom, Jan, and I have enjoyed working for Great Bridge, and will continue
our involvement with PostgreSQL.

Re: Great Bridge ceases operations

От
jd@commandprompt.com (Joshua Drake)
Дата:
Hello,

This is very unfortunate. I wish all of the Great Bridge employees the best.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake
Command Prompt, Inc.

Author: <a href=http://stage.linuxports.com/projects/practicalpostgresql/book1.htm>
Practical PostgreSQL</a>

pgman@candle.pha.pa.us (Bruce Momjian) wrote in message news:<200109061809.f86I9jH08772@candle.pha.pa.us>...

> Effective tomorrow, Great Bridge LLC will cease operations.  Full

> information can be obtained from:

>         http://www.greatbridge.com/

> Great Bridge .org, http://greatbridge.org/, will remain in place until

> projects are migrated to a new site.

> Tom, Jan, and I have enjoyed working for Great Bridge, and will continue

> our involvement with PostgreSQL.

Re: Great Bridge ceases operations

От
"Andy"
Дата:
This is a very sad news.  What can I say ?
Wish you all the best !
And also the best for PostgreSQL projects.

> Effective tomorrow, Great Bridge LLC will cease operations.  Full
> information can be obtained from:
>
>         http://www.greatbridge.com/
>
> Great Bridge .org, http://greatbridge.org/, will remain in place until
> projects are migrated to a new site.
>
> Tom, Jan, and I have enjoyed working for Great Bridge, and will continue
> our involvement with PostgreSQL.

Re: Great Bridge ceases operations

От
Andrew Gould
Дата:
This kind of sad news is coming all too frequently
now.

I wish you all the best.

Andrew

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Great Bridge ceases operations

От
Micah Yoder
Дата:
On Friday 07 September 2001 08:57, you wrote:
> This kind of sad news is coming all too frequently
> now.

Yep.  I really thought Great Bridge was one of the few Open Source companies
that would really thrive, at least once the economy picks up again.  This was
a real shock.

Does that leave Red Hat the main (only?) commercial supporter of PostgreSQL?

Not that it really needs expensive support.  I'm finding that it just works.
Maybe THAT was the problem...  :-)

Best to all,
Micah

--
Like to travel?                        http://TravTalk.org
Micah Yoder Internet Development       http://yoderdev.com

Re: Great Bridge ceases operations

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Ummmm ... PostgreSQL, inc (http://www.pgsql.com) was around before GB, and
is still around now ...

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Micah Yoder wrote:

> On Friday 07 September 2001 08:57, you wrote:
> > This kind of sad news is coming all too frequently
> > now.
>
> Yep.  I really thought Great Bridge was one of the few Open Source companies
> that would really thrive, at least once the economy picks up again.  This was
> a real shock.
>
> Does that leave Red Hat the main (only?) commercial supporter of PostgreSQL?
>
> Not that it really needs expensive support.  I'm finding that it just works.
> Maybe THAT was the problem...  :-)
>
> Best to all,
> Micah
>
> --
> Like to travel?                        http://TravTalk.org
> Micah Yoder Internet Development       http://yoderdev.com

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Great Bridge ceases operations

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
> Tom, Jan, and I have enjoyed working for Great Bridge, and will continue
> our involvement with PostgreSQL.

So what's going to happen to you guys then?

Chris

Re: Great Bridge ceases operations

От
Chris Bowlby
Дата:
 No, PostgreSQL Inc. based out of Ontario and Nova Scotia, Canada also
offer commercial support for Unix based platforms. Linux, FreeBSD and most
other, if not all, Unix varients are all supported.

> On Friday 07 September 2001 08:57, you wrote:
> > This kind of sad news is coming all too frequently
> > now.
>
> Yep.  I really thought Great Bridge was one of the few Open Source companies
> that would really thrive, at least once the economy picks up again.  This was
> a real shock.
>
> Does that leave Red Hat the main (only?) commercial supporter of PostgreSQL?
>
> Not that it really needs expensive support.  I'm finding that it just works.
> Maybe THAT was the problem...  :-)
>
> Best to all,
> Micah
>
> --
> Like to travel?                        http://TravTalk.org
> Micah Yoder Internet Development       http://yoderdev.com

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

 Chris Bowlby,
 Web Developer @ Hub.org.
 excalibur@hub.org
 www.hub.org
 1-902-542-3657

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Great Bridge ceases operations

От
Brook Milligan
Дата:
   Great Bridge .org, http://greatbridge.org/, will remain in place until
   projects are migrated to a new site.

Are there any plans to migrate things like the information on their
benchmarks against other databases?  Those are valuable pieces of
information in the broader PostgreSQL context and it would be a shame
to loose them.

Cheers,
Brook

Re: Great Bridge ceases operations

От
jd@commandprompt.com (Joshua Drake)
Дата:
> Does that leave Red Hat the main (only?) commercial supporter of PostgreSQL?

Heh,

Hardly, there is PGSQL, Inc. and Command Prompt, Inc. (my company). We
have been around for almost four years and have provided custom
development and support for PostgreSQL (starting with Postgres95)
since that time.

There are also several other companies listed on the .org site that
provide support.

You should check out our up-coming book, Practical PostgreSQL:

http://stage.linuxports.com/projects/postgres/book1.htm