Обсуждение: PL/pgSQL problems

PL/pgSQL problems

От
"Keith Menard"
Дата:
    All,

    I am new to pgSQL so here goes. I am having a problem using the
PL/pg/SQL language extension to create triggers. I get all the items
installed including PL/pgSQL, the trigger and the function the trigger calls
and I get the following error dring the firing of the trigger:

Apr 18 09:49:02 host postgres[2477]: ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 57216:
cache lookup failed

Any help would be appreciated since I can find only scant docs on the
PL/pgSQL extensions.

Keith Menard
menardk@tsainc.com

RE: PL/pgSQL problems

От
Jeff Eckermann
Дата:
Have you dropped and recreated the function since creating the trigger?  Try
dropping and recreating the trigger.  Errors like this happen because
database objects (tables, functions etc) are referenced by object ids (oids)
behind the scenes.  Recreating an object (like a function) will give it a
different oid, even with the same name.

Re: PL/pgSQL problems

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
Have you modified the function since making the trigger?
If you drop/create the function to make any changes you need to
drop/create objects that depend on that function (views, triggers, etc)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Keith Menard wrote:

>     All,
>
>     I am new to pgSQL so here goes. I am having a problem using the
> PL/pg/SQL language extension to create triggers. I get all the items
> installed including PL/pgSQL, the trigger and the function the trigger calls
> and I get the following error dring the firing of the trigger:
>
> Apr 18 09:49:02 host postgres[2477]: ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 57216:
> cache lookup failed
>
> Any help would be appreciated since I can find only scant docs on the
> PL/pgSQL extensions.
>
> Keith Menard
> menardk@tsainc.com

Re: PL/pgSQL problems

От
"Keith Menard"
Дата:
Thanks for the input. Dropping and recreating both the trigger function and
the trigger did the trick.

KM