Обсуждение: php Compile question

php Compile question

От
"Joseph"
Дата:
I am switching from rpm install of postgres to the compiled version.
I have this running fine, but now my php4 quit working.

So I am trying to compile it and have the error that it cannot find
postgres.h

Does it need to look for another file or do I need to tell it where to look
for it?

respectfully,
Joseph

Re: php Compile question

От
"Gordon A. Runkle"
Дата:
In article <JBEPLLKEDKIHJBCHDDOGGELDCAAA.lters@mrtc.com>, "Joseph"
<lters@mrtc.com> wrote:

> I am switching from rpm install of postgres to the compiled version. I
> have this running fine, but now my php4 quit working.
>
> So I am trying to compile it and have the error that it cannot find
> postgres.h
>
> Does it need to look for another file or do I need to tell it where to
> look for it?

I had that problem too, as recently as RC2.  I copied
the file myself, as well as the util/ directory (in
src/include/), which is also needed.

Not sure why make install doesn't do it...

Gordon.

--
It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster.
   -- Greg LeMond

Re: php Compile question

От
"Gregory Wood"
Дата:
This has been discussed quite a few times recently (in fact, I posted a
similar reply yesterday). From Tom Lane:

"Change php_pgsql.h to refer to postgres_fe.h not postgres.h."

Greg

> > I am switching from rpm install of postgres to the compiled version. I
> > have this running fine, but now my php4 quit working.
> >
> > So I am trying to compile it and have the error that it cannot find
> > postgres.h
> >
> > Does it need to look for another file or do I need to tell it where to
> > look for it?
>
> I had that problem too, as recently as RC2.  I copied
> the file myself, as well as the util/ directory (in
> src/include/), which is also needed.
>
> Not sure why make install doesn't do it...
>
> Gordon.
>
> --
> It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster.
>    -- Greg LeMond

Re: php Compile question

От
Alex Howansky
Дата:
> This has been discussed quite a few times recently (in fact, I posted a
> similar reply yesterday). From Tom Lane:
>
> "Change php_pgsql.h to refer to postgres_fe.h not postgres.h."

... or symlink postgres.h to postgres_fe.h ...

--
Alex Howansky
Wankwood Associates

Re: Re: php Compile question

Дата:
"Gregory Wood" <gregw@com-stock.com> writes:
> This has been discussed quite a few times recently (in fact, I posted a
> similar reply yesterday). From Tom Lane:

> "Change php_pgsql.h to refer to postgres_fe.h not postgres.h."

Or just remove that #include entirely, which is what I believe the PHP
guys will do in their next release.  It hasn't been necessary for awhile.

Or do Postgres' "make install-all-headers", if you don't want to touch
the PHP code.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Re: php Compile question

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
On Wednesday 04 April 2001 22:52, Alex Howansky wrote:
> > This has been discussed quite a few times recently (in fact, I posted a
> > similar reply yesterday). From Tom Lane:
> >
> > "Change php_pgsql.h to refer to postgres_fe.h not postgres.h."
>
> ... or symlink postgres.h to postgres_fe.h ...

Or get a cvs of PHP! :-)

--
El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
Cuida tu dieta.