Обсуждение: Too many clients.

Too many clients.

От
"Belcher, Jim"
Дата:
In 7.0 am i supposed to  set the number of users or something.

After running for awhile and try to use psql, psql complains about
too many clients.  After that, clients cannot connect either.

JIm B.

Re: Too many clients.

От
Jose Manuel Lorenzo Lopez

"Belcher, Jim" schrieb:

> In 7.0 am i supposed to  set the number of users or something.
>
> After running for awhile and try to use psql, psql complains about
> too many clients.  After that, clients cannot connect either.

Hello Jim,

sounds like this is answered in a FAQ! Please check this:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#3.9

Best Regards,

José Manuel Lorenzo López

** José Manuel Lorenzo López                                        **
**                                                                  **
** ICA Informationssysteme Consulting & Anwendungsgesellschaft mbH  **
** Dept. SAP Basis R/3  VBue                                        **
**                                                                  **
** phone: (+49511) 938-2961                                         **
** fax  : (+49511) 938-2270                                         **
** e-mail to: jose-manuel.lorenzo-lopez@conti.de                    **

RE: Too many clients.

От
"chris markiewicz"
Дата:
you also want to make sure that your application is releasing the
connections.  if you never release a connection, it won't matter how high
you set the connection parameter...

> In 7.0 am i supposed to  set the number of users or something.
>
> After running for awhile and try to use psql, psql complains about
> too many clients.  After that, clients cannot connect either.

Hello Jim,

sounds like this is answered in a FAQ! Please check this:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#3.9

Best Regards,

José Manuel Lorenzo López

** José Manuel Lorenzo López                                        **
**                                                                  **
** ICA Informationssysteme Consulting & Anwendungsgesellschaft mbH  **
** Dept. SAP Basis R/3  VBue                                        **
**                                                                  **
** phone: (+49511) 938-2961                                         **
** fax  : (+49511) 938-2270                                         **
** e-mail to: jose-manuel.lorenzo-lopez@conti.de                    **

Attribute inhrel not found

От
Fernando del Valle
Дата:
Hi,

I've recently updated my PostgreSQL 6.5 to version 7.0.3. I had dumped all data
and reloaded it correctly. It is running in a Pentium III 550 in RedHat 6.1. My
problem is that one of my databases, although it is running correctly and all
data is retrievable, can't be dumped. As soon as I do a 'pg_dump buscamores', I
receive the following error:

getInherits(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:  Attribute 'inhrel' not found
'.

I tried to do the same in 7.0.2 with the same database and it performs the
dumping. None of my tables use the concept of inheritance nor foreign keys. I
need the dump for backup purposes.

One more thing: pg_attribute doesn't have this attribute. Is this an extra
requirement of 7.0.3 that hasn't been satisfied by the initdb and the 'psql -e
buscamores < buscamores.out'?

Please help me !!!

Thanks in advance,

Fernando del Valle
SysAdmin

Re: Attribute inhrel not found

Дата:
Fernando del Valle <fdv@statics.com.ar> writes:
> getInherits(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:  Attribute 'inhrel' not found
> '.

You're using the wrong version of pg_dump for the database (still 6.5
pg_dump, probably).  Check your PATH...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Attribute inhrel not found

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Fernando del Valle writes:

> getInherits(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:  Attribute 'inhrel' not found
> '.

You must use the pg_dump that came with 6.5 to dump databases running on a
6.5 server, and you must use 7.0's pg_dump for 7.0's databases.