Обсуждение: MS Excel to PostgreSQL?

MS Excel to PostgreSQL?

От
Rudolf Potucek
Дата:
Hi Everyone!

I am trying to make MS Excel/MS query talk to a postgreSQL database. Is
there a way to configure the linux or the MS side so they can talk to
each other?

TIA,

  Rudolf

Re: MS Excel to PostgreSQL?

От
"Rob Arnold"
Дата:
Use odbc.

ftp://opennms.org/pub/mirrors/postgresql/odbc/

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rudolf Potucek" <potucek@acs1.acs.ucalgary.ca>
To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 8:46 PM
Subject: MS Excel to PostgreSQL?

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I am trying to make MS Excel/MS query talk to a postgreSQL database. Is
> there a way to configure the linux or the MS side so they can talk to
> each other?
>
> TIA,
>
>   Rudolf

Re: MS Excel to PostgreSQL?

От
Craig Orsinger

Rudolf Potucek wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I am trying to make MS Excel/MS query talk to a postgreSQL database. Is
> there a way to configure the linux or the MS side so they can talk to
> each other?

    I've never used Excel, but it's possible to use ODBC to query
a PostgreSQL database from a Windows system. You need to install the
PostgreSQL ODBC drivers, of course, and set up a connection using
the ODBC control panel. I've done this to allow MS Access to query a
PGSQL database on a Unix system.

    If you are interested in trying this, the most current version
of the PGSQL ODBC drivers are located at:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/v06-50-0000/

    IIRC, the file "postdrv.exe" is what you're looking for.

    For more information, check the PostgreSQL FAQ at: