Re: MS Excel to PostgreSQL?

От Craig Orsinger
Тема Re: MS Excel to PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Rudolf Potucek wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I am trying to make MS Excel/MS query talk to a postgreSQL database. Is
> there a way to configure the linux or the MS side so they can talk to
> each other?

    I've never used Excel, but it's possible to use ODBC to query
a PostgreSQL database from a Windows system. You need to install the
PostgreSQL ODBC drivers, of course, and set up a connection using
the ODBC control panel. I've done this to allow MS Access to query a
PGSQL database on a Unix system.

    If you are interested in trying this, the most current version
of the PGSQL ODBC drivers are located at:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/v06-50-0000/

    IIRC, the file "postdrv.exe" is what you're looking for.

    For more information, check the PostgreSQL FAQ at: