Обсуждение: Article involving Postgresql

Article involving Postgresql

От
"Adam Lang"
Дата:
I got a magazine dropped on my desk just now called Storage Management
Solutions.  On the cover they have a listing for "Open Source
Databases".They talk about Postgresql, MySQL and Interbase. Just a snippet
of the article:

"In recent benchmark testing, the open source databases performed well
against the two leading proprietary database vendors. Xperts, Inc. ran the
industry-standard ANSI SQL Standard Scalable and Portable (AS3AP), a
rudimentary test that measures raw speed and scalability, against the three
leading open source, and the two leading commercial applications.
Postgresql performed an average of four to five times faster than every
other database measured.  MySQL and Interbase also demonstrated impressive
speeds, outperforming the proprietary applications with small numbers of
users.  But speed, of course, isn't everything."

If I see any other interesting comments in the article, I'll pass them
along.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com

Re: Article involving Postgresql

От
Randy Jonasz
Дата:
Interesting

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Adam Lang wrote:

> I got a magazine dropped on my desk just now called Storage Management
> Solutions.  On the cover they have a listing for "Open Source
> Databases".They talk about Postgresql, MySQL and Interbase. Just a snippet
> of the article:
>
> "In recent benchmark testing, the open source databases performed well
> against the two leading proprietary database vendors. Xperts, Inc. ran the
> industry-standard ANSI SQL Standard Scalable and Portable (AS3AP), a
> rudimentary test that measures raw speed and scalability, against the three
> leading open source, and the two leading commercial applications.
> Postgresql performed an average of four to five times faster than every
> other database measured.  MySQL and Interbase also demonstrated impressive
> speeds, outperforming the proprietary applications with small numbers of
> users.  But speed, of course, isn't everything."
>
> If I see any other interesting comments in the article, I'll pass them
> along.
>
> Adam Lang
> Systems Engineer
> Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
> http://www.rutgersinsurance.com

Randy Jonasz
Software Engineer
Click2net Inc.
Web:  http://www.click2net.com
Phone: (905) 271-3550

"You cannot possibly pay a philosopher what he's worth,
but try your best" -- Aristotle

Re: Article involving Postgresql

От
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Дата:
On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Adam Lang wrote:

> I got a magazine dropped on my desk just now called Storage Management
> Solutions.  On the cover they have a listing for "Open Source
> Databases".They talk about Postgresql, MySQL and Interbase. Just a snippet
> of the article:

Web Techniques has a pretty good article in the December 2000 issue.  I
don't think the author is totally unbiased but Ned Lilly should know the
differences between the top databases.  ;-)

Rod