Article involving Postgresql

От Adam Lang
Тема Article involving Postgresql
Дата
Re: Article involving Postgresql  ("Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@tincan.org>)
Список pgsql-general
I got a magazine dropped on my desk just now called Storage Management
Solutions.  On the cover they have a listing for "Open Source
Databases".They talk about Postgresql, MySQL and Interbase. Just a snippet
of the article:

"In recent benchmark testing, the open source databases performed well
against the two leading proprietary database vendors. Xperts, Inc. ran the
industry-standard ANSI SQL Standard Scalable and Portable (AS3AP), a
rudimentary test that measures raw speed and scalability, against the three
leading open source, and the two leading commercial applications.
Postgresql performed an average of four to five times faster than every
other database measured.  MySQL and Interbase also demonstrated impressive
speeds, outperforming the proprietary applications with small numbers of
users.  But speed, of course, isn't everything."

If I see any other interesting comments in the article, I'll pass them
along.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company