Обсуждение: Re: [General] pgsql on win95

Re: [General] pgsql on win95

От
Elmar.Haneke@gmx.de
Дата:
> Can PGSQL engine run on a win95/98 machine
> as a single user or multiuser
>   now ?
>   in the near future ?

Currently only Windows-NT is supported.

Presumably noone has really tried to port it to Win95.
There is no documentation where running on Win95 really makes trouble.

You are invited to make an Win95 port:
- Start with the NT-Port
- Have a look at the cygwin-package to find out what's unavailable on Win95

Elmar

Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95

От
Dustin Sallings
Дата:
    Is there really an interest in spending the extra money for a
Windows license to build a less reliable database server?

# Currently only Windows-NT is supported.
#
# Presumably noone has really tried to port it to Win95.
# There is no documentation where running on Win95 really makes trouble.
#
# You are invited to make an Win95 port:
# - Start with the NT-Port
# - Have a look at the cygwin-package to find out what's unavailable on Win95
#
#
# Elmar
#
# ************
#
#

--
dustin sallings                            The world is watching America,
http://2852210114/~dustin/                 and America is watching TV.

Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95

От
Marten Feldtmann
Дата:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 Elmar.Haneke@gmx.de wrote:
>
>     Is there really an interest in spending the extra money for a
> Windows license to build a less reliable database server?

 Hmmm, try to think about an application, which normally runs on a server,
but then is also wanted (with much less data) on a notebook ...

 Marten

Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95

От
Dustin Sallings
Дата: