Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95

От Dustin Sallings
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, root wrote:

# > I'm writing this email to you from a notebook. Running Linux. And Postgres.
# > :-) So, it's already being done (Notebooks aren't the issue here, I believe
# > it's an issue of OS choices).
#
#  There're still some Windows'95 and Windows'98 users out there in the
# world ...

    I'm not convinced that this is a reason to run a database server
on it.  I don't think anyone would complain if someone ported postgres to
Windows, but it seems like a silly exercise.  I've got a few macs around
the house, but I'm in no way interested in using them as data servers.

--
dustin sallings                            The world is watching America,
http://2852210114/~dustin/                 and America is watching TV.