Обсуждение: PostgreSQL connect options?

PostgreSQL connect options?

От
Roland Roberts
Дата:
Once upon a time, I know I saw an example of using connect options to
specify things like a user name.  I can't find any examples in any of
the references now.  So what are some of the options and how does one
specify them?

roland
--
Roland B. Roberts, PhD                  Custom Software Solutions
roberts@panix.com                           101 West 15th St #4NN

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL connect options?

От
Maarten Boekhold
Дата:
On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Roland Roberts wrote:

> Once upon a time, I know I saw an example of using connect options to
> specify things like a user name.  I can't find any examples in any of
> the references now.  So what are some of the options and how does one
> specify them?

You want to do this from within a program? libpq has PQconnectdb(). You
can use it like

PQconnectdb("dbname=database user=username password=pwd authtype=password");

The perl  module has PQconnectdb() too, works the same way. I suppose the
other interfaces have similar named functions.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL connect options?

От
Roland Roberts
Дата:

    Maarten> On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Roland Roberts wrote:

    [...]
    Maarten> PQconnectdb("dbname=database user=username password=pwd
    Maarten> authtype=password");

This is more-or-less what I was looking for.  Is there someplace the
list of options (i.e., dbname, user, password, etc.) is documented?

I'm actually looking to do this from PHP (in apache).  So the function
I have is pg_connect, which is declared as

    int pg_connect(string host, string port, string options,
                   string tty, string dbname);

So, I'm going to try stuffing the user=username into the options to
see if that does what I hope....

roland
--
Roland B. Roberts, PhD                  Custom Software Solutions
roberts@panix.com                           101 West 15th St #4NN
                                               New York, NY 10011

Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL connect options?

От
Daniele Orlandi
Дата:
Roland Roberts wrote:

> I'm actually looking to do this from PHP (in apache).  So the function
> I have is pg_connect, which is declared as
>
>     int pg_connect(string host, string port, string options,
>                    string tty, string dbname);
>
> So, I'm going to try stuffing the user=username into the options to
> see if that does what I hope....

You may use the same syntax in PHP.

pg_connect("dbname=database user=username password=pwd authtype=password");

Bye!

--
 Daniele

"Oh, I've seen copies [of Linux Journal] around the terminal room at The
Labs."
(By Dennis Ritchie)
 Se telecom italia aggiungesse uno scatto al giorno ad ogni abbonato, dal
 primo Gennaio avrebbe rubato 676.352.000.000 Lire.
 Daniele Orlandi - Utility Line Italia - http://www.orlandi.com
 Via Mezzera 29/A - 20030 - Seveso (MI) - Italy