Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL connect options?

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL connect options?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Roland Roberts wrote:

> Once upon a time, I know I saw an example of using connect options to
> specify things like a user name.  I can't find any examples in any of
> the references now.  So what are some of the options and how does one
> specify them?

You want to do this from within a program? libpq has PQconnectdb(). You
can use it like

PQconnectdb("dbname=database user=username password=pwd authtype=password");

The perl  module has PQconnectdb() too, works the same way. I suppose the
other interfaces have similar named functions.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |