Обсуждение: Re: [BUGS] issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

bruce wrote:

> I have moved the text about duplicate constraints to the top of the
> information schema section because it affects several tables (applied
> patch attached).  I could not figure out how to get the actual error
> concept to the front of the paragraph.

I found a way to reword the paragraph to be clearer about its purpose:

   When querying the database for constraint information, it is possible
   for a standard-compliant query that expects to return one row to
   return several.  This is because the SQL standard requires constraint
   names to be unique within a schema, but
   <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> does not enforce this
   restriction.  <productname>PostgreSQL</productname>
   automatically-generated constraint names avoid duplicates in the
   same schema, but users can specify such duplicate names.

Applied.

Re: [BUGS] issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

Дата:
> I found a way to reword the paragraph to be clearer about its purpose:

It would still be a good idea to mention which views have the issue.
If you're not certain you know them all, you could use weasel wording
like "Views affected by this issue include foo, bar, and baz".

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > I found a way to reword the paragraph to be clearer about its purpose:
>
> It would still be a good idea to mention which views have the issue.
> If you're not certain you know them all, you could use weasel wording
> like "Views affected by this issue include foo, bar, and baz".

I have made the change you requested and posted the new text in another
email, just sent.  Thanks.