Re: [BUGS] issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [BUGS] issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
bruce wrote:

> I have moved the text about duplicate constraints to the top of the
> information schema section because it affects several tables (applied
> patch attached).  I could not figure out how to get the actual error
> concept to the front of the paragraph.

I found a way to reword the paragraph to be clearer about its purpose:

   When querying the database for constraint information, it is possible
   for a standard-compliant query that expects to return one row to
   return several.  This is because the SQL standard requires constraint
   names to be unique within a schema, but
   <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> does not enforce this
   restriction.  <productname>PostgreSQL</productname>
   automatically-generated constraint names avoid duplicates in the
   same schema, but users can specify such duplicate names.

Applied.

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS