Обсуждение: Postgre 8.2.3 Windows PL/Python Support

Postgre 8.2.3 Windows PL/Python Support

От
"Harney, Brian"

I’m working with Postgre 8.2.4 in Windows (PostgreSQL 8.2.4 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special) ) and I had a terrible time getting PL/Python to install.  After a bit of trial-and-error and searching, I determined there was a Python version dependency and a change needed to be made to the Windows path.  Python 2.4 (I haven’t tested more recent versions) needed to be installed and the Python and Postgre needed to be in the Windows path.

I noticed someone wrote this message 6 months ago….

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-01/msg00059.php

When will this information be put into the documentation?  Is there a way I can help?  I don’t want anyone else to go through what I did.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Harney

Software Developer
Heartland Payment Systems
Email: brian.harney@e-hps.com
Phone Extension: 1392

Re: Postgre 8.2.3 Windows PL/Python Support

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Harney, Brian wrote:

> I noticed someone wrote this message 6 months ago….
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-01/msg00059.php
>

> When will this information be put into the documentation?  Is there a
> way I can help?  I don’t want anyone else to go through what I did.

You could supply a patch to the docs in Docbook that discusses the
problem. That would be a great help.

Joshua D. Drake

> Thanks,
>
> Tom
>
> Tom Harney
>
> Software Developer
> Heartland Payment Systems
> *Email:* brian.harney@e-hps.com
> *Phone Extension:* 1392

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Postgre 8.2.3 Windows PL/Python Support

Дата:
Brian, can you give me some text I can add to the documentation? Thanks.

Harney, Brian wrote:
> I'm working with Postgre 8.2.4 in Windows (PostgreSQL 8.2.4 on
> i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special) )
> and I had a terrible time getting PL/Python to install.  After a bit of
> trial-and-error and searching, I determined there was a Python version
> dependency and a change needed to be made to the Windows path.  Python
> 2.4 (I haven't tested more recent versions) needed to be installed and
> the Python and Postgre needed to be in the Windows path.
>

> I noticed someone wrote this message 6 months ago....
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-01/msg00059.php
>

> When will this information be put into the documentation?  Is there a
> way I can help?  I don't want anyone else to go through what I did.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Tom
>
> Tom Harney
>
> Software Developer
> Heartland Payment Systems
> Email: brian.harney@e-hps.com
> Phone Extension: 1392

Re: Postgre 8.2.3 Windows PL/Python Support

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Isn't this handled already? See the running-on-win32 FAQ question 4.1 and
the win32 installation instructions at
http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/.

Except I think we need to update the versions on that page. Dave, can you
update that one with whatever version you have in your build environment,
since that's what goes in the binaries? Thanks!

//Magnus

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 06:27:22PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Brian, can you give me some text I can add to the documentation? Thanks.

> Harney, Brian wrote:
> > I'm working with Postgre 8.2.4 in Windows (PostgreSQL 8.2.4 on
> > i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special) )
> > and I had a terrible time getting PL/Python to install.  After a bit of
> > trial-and-error and searching, I determined there was a Python version
> > dependency and a change needed to be made to the Windows path.  Python
> > 2.4 (I haven't tested more recent versions) needed to be installed and
> > the Python and Postgre needed to be in the Windows path.
> >

> > I noticed someone wrote this message 6 months ago....
> >
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-01/msg00059.php
> >

> > When will this information be put into the documentation?  Is there a
> > way I can help?  I don't want anyone else to go through what I did.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > Tom Harney
> >
> > Software Developer
> > Heartland Payment Systems
> > Email: brian.harney@e-hps.com
> > Phone Extension: 1392
> >

> --
>   Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us
>   EnterpriseDB                               http://www.enterprisedb.com
>
>   + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

Re: Postgre 8.2.3 Windows PL/Python Support

От
"Harney, Brian"
Дата:
Magnus,

I believe you are correct.  It might also be good to include it in the
HTML Helpfile (CHM).

Kind regards,

Tom Harney

Software Developer
Heartland Payment Systems
Email: brian.harney@e-hps.com
Isn't this handled already? See the running-on-win32 FAQ question 4.1
and
the win32 installation instructions at
http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/.

Except I think we need to update the versions on that page. Dave, can
you
update that one with whatever version you have in your build
environment,
since that's what goes in the binaries? Thanks!

//Magnus

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 06:27:22PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Brian, can you give me some text I can add to the documentation?
Thanks.

---

)