Postgre 8.2.3 Windows PL/Python Support

От Harney, Brian
Тема Postgre 8.2.3 Windows PL/Python Support
Дата
Re: Postgre 8.2.3 Windows PL/Python Support  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-docs

I’m working with Postgre 8.2.4 in Windows (PostgreSQL 8.2.4 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special) ) and I had a terrible time getting PL/Python to install.  After a bit of trial-and-error and searching, I determined there was a Python version dependency and a change needed to be made to the Windows path.  Python 2.4 (I haven’t tested more recent versions) needed to be installed and the Python and Postgre needed to be in the Windows path.

I noticed someone wrote this message 6 months ago….

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-01/msg00059.php

When will this information be put into the documentation?  Is there a way I can help?  I don’t want anyone else to go through what I did.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Harney

Software Developer