Обсуждение: initdb error: create shared memory segment: Function not implemented

initdb error: create shared memory segment: Function not implemented

От
"Larry Wipperman"
Дата:
I have installed the latest Cygwin release on Windows 2000.
After building and installing postgresql-7.4.3 (along with the PostGIS
contribution package), when I execute initdb the following error occurs.  A
couple of days ago I installed the postgresql package from Cygwin and initdb
worked fine.  I executed configure before building as follows:
./configure --with-perl --with-java --enable-multibyte --with-CXX --prefix=/
usr --sysconfdir=/etc --docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry Wipperman

The error:
bash-2.05b$ cygrunsrv -Q cygserver
Service cygserver exists
Type                : Own Process
Current State       : Running
Controls Accepted   : Accept Stop
bash-2.05b$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "lkw".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... 10
selecting default shared_buffers... 50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... FATAL:  could
not
 create shared memory segment: Function not implemented
DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=1, size=1081344, 03600).

initdb: failed
initdb: removing data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data"

Re: initdb error: create shared memory segment: Function

От
mike g
Дата:
I don't have my windows pc handy but I seem to remember something in the
readme about how postgres may crash if you try to use initdb with a
different locale other than C under cygwin.

Try initdb without specifying the locale.  When you create the
individual databases you can specify the locale as Latin1 or something
else.

Mike

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 03:16, Larry Wipperman wrote:
> I have installed the latest Cygwin release on Windows 2000.
> After building and installing postgresql-7.4.3 (along with the PostGIS
> contribution package), when I execute initdb the following error occurs.  A
> couple of days ago I installed the postgresql package from Cygwin and initdb
> worked fine.  I executed configure before building as follows:
> ./configure --with-perl --with-java --enable-multibyte --with-CXX --prefix=/
> usr --sysconfdir=/etc --docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Larry Wipperman
>
> The error:
> bash-2.05b$ cygrunsrv -Q cygserver
> Service cygserver exists
> Type                : Own Process
> Current State       : Running
> Controls Accepted   : Accept Stop
> bash-2.05b$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1
> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "lkw".
> This user must also own the server process.
>
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
>
> creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
> creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
> creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
> creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
> creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
> selecting default max_connections... 10
> selecting default shared_buffers... 50
> creating configuration files... ok
> creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... FATAL:  could
> not
>  create shared memory segment: Function not implemented
> DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=1, size=1081344, 03600).
>
> initdb: failed
> initdb: removing data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data"

Re: initdb error: create shared memory segment: Function

От
"Larry Wipperman"
Дата:
Mike,

Thanks for your reply.  I tried it again as initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
but the same error occurred.

Larry