Обсуждение: help

help

От
Дата:
 Please help me if you can .. and I know you can!

 I have one basic problem: i need to run PostgreSQL
 with PHP on Windows 98. This is what i want to help
 with.

 I read some manuals and web pages and now i am in
this
 position:
 - i have installed Apache Web Server 1.3 (binary
 installation for Windows)
 - i have installed PHP 4.0 (binary installation for
 Windows) with configuration of php.ini
 - i already run MySQL on my computer
 and i read that PostgreSQL on Windows can only run
 with CYGWIN. So i downloaded Cygwin installation file
 from the internet /my computer is not connected to
 internet/ and installed Cygwin on my computer /with
 downloaded option - PostgreSQL 7.2.2/. I can run
 PostgreSQL through Cygwin.exe /and work with
postgre/,
 but could not configure in with PHP to run. My
 webbrowser inform me like this:

 "Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
pg_connect()
 in ... "

 so this means, that PHP could not work with Postgre,
 but i dont know how to make it run!

 I have no problem with MySQL in PHP but i could not
 configure PostgreSQL to run with PHP on my computer.
 am reading many many scripts and manual on the web
but
 could not gain understandable information about
 POSTGRESQL-PHP-WINDOWS98!

 Please, please, i need your help because i think that
 you could help me, please!

http://sports.yahoo.com/

Re: help

От
s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Дата:
[...]

> - i have installed Apache Web Server 1.3 (binary
> installation for Windows)
> - i have installed PHP 4.0 (binary installation for
> Windows) with configuration of php.ini

[...]

Please note that other database issues or terms are off topic on this list.

[...]

> with CYGWIN. So i downloaded Cygwin installation file
> from the internet /my computer is not connected to
> internet/ and installed Cygwin on my computer /with
> downloaded option - PostgreSQL 7.2.2/. I can run
> PostgreSQL through Cygwin.exe /and work with
>postgre/,
> but could not configure in with PHP to run. My
> webbrowser inform me like this:
>
> "Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
>pg_connect()
> in ... "
>
> so this means, that PHP could not work with Postgre,
> but i dont know how to make it run!

Your main problem is the interface between php/win32 and postgresql/cygwin. This interface is included in the file
php_pgsql.dllwhich, in turn, relies on the C language interface to postgresql, which is the pq library.

As I checked the PHP 4.0.5/WIN32 binary distribution the pq library is placed under the "dlls" directory, and is named
libpq.dll.

So the easiest way to solve your problem is to copy this file in the "extensions" directory, where php_pgsql.dll
resides.Of course you must check, as stated in a previous message, the line
extension=php_pgsql.dll
in php.ini.

And a last hint: be sure to start the postmaster with "-i" option in its command line. This enables the tcp/ip
communication,which is the only connection mode available under win32.

SLao

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with
Shop@Netscape!http://shopnow.netscape.com/