Re: help

От s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Тема Re: help
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
[...]

> - i have installed Apache Web Server 1.3 (binary
> installation for Windows)
> - i have installed PHP 4.0 (binary installation for
> Windows) with configuration of php.ini

[...]

Please note that other database issues or terms are off topic on this list.

[...]

> with CYGWIN. So i downloaded Cygwin installation file
> from the internet /my computer is not connected to
> internet/ and installed Cygwin on my computer /with
> downloaded option - PostgreSQL 7.2.2/. I can run
> PostgreSQL through Cygwin.exe /and work with
>postgre/,
> but could not configure in with PHP to run. My
> webbrowser inform me like this:
>
> "Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
>pg_connect()
> in ... "
>
> so this means, that PHP could not work with Postgre,
> but i dont know how to make it run!

Your main problem is the interface between php/win32 and postgresql/cygwin. This interface is included in the file
php_pgsql.dllwhich, in turn, relies on the C language interface to postgresql, which is the pq library.

As I checked the PHP 4.0.5/WIN32 binary distribution the pq library is placed under the "dlls" directory, and is named
libpq.dll.

So the easiest way to solve your problem is to copy this file in the "extensions" directory, where php_pgsql.dll
resides.Of course you must check, as stated in a previous message, the line
extension=php_pgsql.dll
in php.ini.

And a last hint: be sure to start the postmaster with "-i" option in its command line. This enables the tcp/ip
communication,which is the only connection mode available under win32.

SLao

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with
Shop@Netscape!http://shopnow.netscape.com/