Обсуждение: BUG #8388: Remote connections

BUG #8388: Remote connections

От
pah147@psu.edu
Дата:

Bug reference:      8388
Logged by:          Phil Heverly
Email address:      pah147@psu.edu
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.9
Operating system:   Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8

I doubt this is a bug, but I cannot connect to remote systems running
Postgres 9.1 on Mac OSes.  I edited both the pg_hba and postgresql files
correctly but it continues to error out on two systems.  After making the
changes on my Windows box connections work fine.  Only seeing this on the
Macs

Re: BUG #8388: Remote connections

От
bricklen
> Operating system:   Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8
>
> I doubt this is a bug, but I cannot connect to remote systems running
> Postgres 9.1 on Mac OSes.  I edited both the pg_hba and postgresql files
> correctly but it continues to error out on two systems.  After making the
> changes on my Windows box connections work fine.  Only seeing this on the
> Macs

1). You will generally get pretty good responses by posting to the pgsql-*
mailing lists. You can sign up on this page:
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/. Probably the pgsql-general list
will be the appropriate one for your question.
2). More details are needed for useful help, such as the errors or relevant
sections from your error logs. A much better description can be found here:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems