Обсуждение: BUG #8272: Unable to connect to diffrent schema from jdbc

BUG #8272: Unable to connect to diffrent schema from jdbc

От
emesika@redhat.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      8272
Logged by:          Eli Mesika
Email address:      emesika@redhat.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.17
Operating system:   Linux (Fedora 18)

Hi
Postgres does not support currently defining the schema in teh connection
parameters which makes it imposible to seprate the database to several
schemas and connect to the right one from the application.

There is already a thread discussing that and a suggested patch that is
fixing that.
See

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4873F034.8010301@scharp.org

Re: BUG #8272: Unable to connect to diffrent schema from jdbc

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 01.07.2013 00:41, emesika@redhat.com wrote:
> Hi
> Postgres does not support currently defining the schema in teh connection
> parameters which makes it imposible to seprate the database to several
> schemas and connect to the right one from the application.
>
> There is already a thread discussing that and a suggested patch that is
> fixing that.
> See
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4873F034.8010301@scharp.org

This is not a bug, but a feature request.

I agree that would be a nice feature. Patches are welcome, on the
pgsql-jdbc mailing list. As a work-around, you can set up a different db
user for each schema, and set search_path as a per-user setting in the
server.

- Heikki

Re: BUG #8272: Unable to connect to diffrent schema from jdbc

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 7/1/2013 12:01 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> I agree that would be a nice feature. Patches are welcome, on the
> pgsql-jdbc mailing list. As a work-around, you can set up a different
> db user for each schema, and set search_path as a per-user setting in
> the server.

or just use the default search_path, which is $USER, public... name the
schemas same as the users...