Обсуждение: About Wince App

About Wince App

От
Cihan ŞENGÜL
Дата:
Hi;

Postgresql to wince VS2003 applications or open source code for the DLL, I needsupport.

Cihan ŞENGÜL

Re: About Wince App

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Cihan *ENG=DCL<cihansengul@gmail.com> wrote:
=20
> Postgresql to wince VS2003 applications or open source code for
> the DLL, I needsupport.
=20
This mailing list is for reporting bugs in the PostgreSQL code.  To
advertise a position please post to pgsql-jobs.  To look for a
contractor to provide support, check here:
=20
http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/
=20
-Kevin

Re: About Wince App

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 12/09/11 7:07 AM, Cihan =C5=9EENG=C3=9CL wrote:

> PostgresqltowinceVS2003applicationsoropen sourcecodefor theDLL,I=20
> needsupport.

easily one of the more cryptic requests to cross this bug reporting list=20
lately...

by 'wince', are you referring to Windows CE aka Windows Embedded Compact ?

You're looking for the source code for the libpq client library for=20
postgres so you can compile it to run on WinCE ?    That source would be=20
included in the postgresql source tarball, various versions of which are=20
here,
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/

the catch-22 is that libpq is fairly tied to the server build, as it=20
needs to know a lot of stuff about the server, such as data type sizes=20
and layouts.  all these things are setup by the "./configure" step.=20=20=
=20
I'm not sure how you'd build a standalone libpq.dll ..

btw, this really isn't a bug report, it probably belongs on the main=20
pgsql-general email list.

--=20

Re: About Wince App

От
Hiroshi Saito
Дата:
Hi Cihan-san.

First, official support does not have Postgrs about WinCE.

Next, I had tried libpq by WinCE (mobile) in the past.
But, My telephone is Android now...therefore, I forgotten
about WinCE.,sorry...

Probably, Peter-san know detailed to it.:-)

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

(2011/12/10 23:27), Cihan wrote:
 > libpqwce. NET version of VB 2003 here?

Re: About Wince App

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On 10 December 2011 15:13, Hiroshi Saito <hiroshi@winpg.jp> wrote:
> First, official support does not have Postgrs about WinCE.
>
> Next, I had tried libpq by WinCE (mobile) in the past.
> But, My telephone is Android now...therefore, I forgotten
> about WinCE.,sorry...

Yes, I used Hiroshi's WinCE libpq port very successfully. I built it
from source too, as there were binary compatibility problems with some
of the ARM devices that had custom WinCE kernels (not uncommon - WinCE
is available under a "shared source" agreement), but not others that
didn't.

What's the problem?  :-)

--=20
Peter Geoghegan =A0 =A0 =A0 http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: About Wince App

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On 11 December 2011 17:53, Cihan =C5=9EENG=C3=9CL <cihansengul@gmail.com> w=
rote:
> Hi
> Libpqwce=C2=A0are=C2=A0published.=C2=A0G=C3=B6sterilemiyor.Bana=C2=A0refe=
rence=C2=A0to VB=C2=A0NET 2003.=C2=A0NET
> 2003,=C2=A0I can=C2=A0reference=C2=A0the DLL=C2=A0required=C2=A0for=C2=A0=
VB

I don't understand.
--=20
Peter Geoghegan =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: About Wince App

От
Cihan ŞENGÜL
Дата:
Hi
Libpqwce are published. Gösterilemiyor.Bana reference to VB NET 2003. NET 2003, I can reference the DLL required for VB

Cihan ŞENGÜL

2011/12/10 Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com>
On 10 December 2011 15:13, Hiroshi Saito <hiroshi@winpg.jp> wrote:
> First, official support does not have Postgrs about WinCE.
>
> Next, I had tried libpq by WinCE (mobile) in the past.
> But, My telephone is Android now...therefore, I forgotten
> about WinCE.,sorry...

Yes, I used Hiroshi's WinCE libpq port very successfully. I built it
from source too, as there were binary compatibility problems with some
of the ARM devices that had custom WinCE kernels (not uncommon - WinCE
is available under a "shared source" agreement), but not others that
didn't.

What's the problem?  :-)

Re: About Wince App

От
Cihan ŞENGÜL
Дата:
Hi
For Libpqwce. NET 2003 VB programming language should support
pgFOUNDRY the DLL in C, C + + programming language support.

Cihan ŞENGÜL

2011/12/11 Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com>
Libpqwce

Re: About Wince App

От
Hiroshi Saito
Дата:
Hi.

I think, Npgsql regards that it is most suitable for realizing=20
environment for which you wish as it being an ideal. then, with
C# or VB.NET. though Npgsql is not WinCE environment support.
It may be possible if a Npgsql team desires it.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

(2011/12/12 5:09), Cihan =C5=9EENG=C3=9CL wrote:
> Hi
> For Libpqwce. NET 2003 VB programming language should support
> pgFOUNDRY the DLL in C, C + + programming language support.
>
> Cihan =C5=9EENG=C3=9CL
>

> 2011/12/11 Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com
> <mailto:peter@2ndquadrant.com>>
>
>     Libpqwce

Re: About Wince App

От
Cihan ŞENGÜL
Дата:
Thank you very much.
Sincerely

Cihan ŞENGÜL

2011/12/12 Hiroshi Saito <hiroshi@winpg.jp>
Hi.

I think, Npgsql regards that it is most suitable for realizing environment for which you wish as it being an ideal. then, with