Обсуждение: BUG #5168: cannot login to server

BUG #5168: cannot login to server

От
"Abhishek"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5168
Logged by:          Abhishek
Email address:      abhishek.sawant111@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system:   Linux Fedora 8
Details:

server[localhost]:localhost enter
Databse[postgres]:global enter
Port [5432]: 5432 enter
User [postgres]:postgres enter

After enter it showing me error:-

/opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/psql: error while loading shared
libraries:libssl.so.4:

Press <return> to continue...
After that terminal is closed.

Please give information on Postgresql how to use.

Re: BUG #5168: cannot login to server

От
tomas@tuxteam.de
Дата:

Re: BUG #5168: cannot login to server

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 7:49 AM,  <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 06:59:49AM +0000, Abhishek wrote:
>>
>> The following bug has been logged online:
>>
>> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A05168
>> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Abhishek
>> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0abhishek.sawant111@gmail.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.4
>> Operating system: =A0 Linux Fedora 8
>> Details:
>>
>> server[localhost]:localhost enter
>> Databse[postgres]:global enter
>> Port [5432]: 5432 enter
>> User [postgres]:postgres enter
>>
>> After enter it showing me error:-
>>
>> /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/psql: error while loading shared
>> libraries:libssl.so.4:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Abhishek,
>
> this doesn't look like a PostgreSQL bug -- rather like a botched
> installation.
>
> Moreover, it doesn't help to file a non-bug twice, creating two bug
> numbers ;-)
>
> That said, I'd recommend to find out which package of your distribution
> carries the missing library (libssl.so.4) and to (re-) install this
> package. As a first attempt, a search in rpmfind
>
> =A0<http://search.rpmseek.com/search.html>
>
> for libssl seems to lead to the package "openssl". But I'd recommend you
> try yourself (I'm by no means a Fedora expert!).

That's not a standard location for PostgreSQL under Fedora.  It could
be some other RPM repository (which?) but if so the dependencies are
broken, since otherwise it would've insisted on having the matching
SSL libraries installed too.  My suspicion is that this is a home-brew
compile, but in any case the broad outline of the picture is clear:
the SSL libraries are not installed where PostgreSQL can find them.

...Robert

Re: BUG #5168: cannot login to server

Дата:
> That's not a standard location for PostgreSQL under Fedora.  It could
> be some other RPM repository (which?) but if so the dependencies are
> broken, since otherwise it would've insisted on having the matching
> SSL libraries installed too.  My suspicion is that this is a home-brew
> compile, but in any case the broad outline of the picture is clear:
> the SSL libraries are not installed where PostgreSQL can find them.

A local compile could not have generated an executable containing a
reference to a library that's not on the system.  My bet is that the
OP installed an RPM that's not for this specific version of Fedora
(and used --nodeps to override rpm's complaints about the lack of
required libraries).

If you can't find a set of RPMs that exactly match your system, the
best bet would be to grab the source RPM (SRPM) and rebuild locally.
That should generate RPMs that match the library versions you have.

Another solution is to move to a version of Fedora that's still
maintained ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #5168: cannot login to server

От
Sachin Srivastava
Дата:
If the installation is done by the One-Click Installer (from
EnterpriseDB), Then it contains the libssl.so.4.
Please check the /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/lib directory for that library.
It's strange though as the path is added in your ld.so.conf.d/
Also if your system has libssl.so.4 in /lib or /usr/lib that will take
precedence but the error suggest you dont.

On 11/05/2009 09:04 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Haas<robertmhaas@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> That's not a standard location for PostgreSQL under Fedora.  It could
>> be some other RPM repository (which?) but if so the dependencies are
>> broken, since otherwise it would've insisted on having the matching
>> SSL libraries installed too.  My suspicion is that this is a home-brew
>> compile, but in any case the broad outline of the picture is clear:
>> the SSL libraries are not installed where PostgreSQL can find them.
>>
> A local compile could not have generated an executable containing a
> reference to a library that's not on the system.  My bet is that the
> OP installed an RPM that's not for this specific version of Fedora
> (and used --nodeps to override rpm's complaints about the lack of
> required libraries).
>
> If you can't find a set of RPMs that exactly match your system, the
> best bet would be to grab the source RPM (SRPM) and rebuild locally.
> That should generate RPMs that match the library versions you have.
>
> Another solution is to move to a version of Fedora that's still
> maintained ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Sachin Srivastava
www.enterprisedb.com