Обсуждение: BUG #4488: jdbc : DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys no result

BUG #4488: jdbc : DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys no result

От
"Marcel Petavy"
Дата:

Bug reference:      4488
Logged by:          Marcel Petavy
Email address:      petavy@gmx.net
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

Hi.

If I try to query the primary key via JDBC driver
"postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar" DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys I get not
result.

create table test (id integer not null primary key(id))

ResultSet rs = connection.getMetaData(null,null,"test");

rs gives no rows.
All other known JDBC drivers (jtds MS-SQL, ojdbc16 Oracle) reporting the
primary key "id".

Cya - Marcel

Re: BUG #4488: jdbc : DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys no result

От
Kris Jurka
Дата:
On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Marcel Petavy wrote:

> Bug reference:      4488
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
> Operating system:   Windows XP
> Details:
>
> If I try to query the primary key via JDBC driver
> "postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar" DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys I get not
> result.
>
> create table test (id integer not null primary key(id))
>
> ResultSet rs = connection.getMetaData(null,null,"test");
>
> rs gives no rows.

It definitely does work, perhaps your table is really "TEST" instead of
"test"?  If you still believe it's a driver problem, please post a
complete test case that shows the exact create table command and java code
calling getPrimaryKeys.

Kris Jurka

Re: BUG #4488: jdbc : DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys no result

От
davidsarmstrong
Дата:
Kris,

I get the same error. I've verified the table name and the primary key. The
interesting part is, it seems to work in cases where the primary key is a
serial.

Thanks,

Dave Armstrong

Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Marcel Petavy wrote:
>
>> Bug reference:      4488
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
>> Operating system:   Windows XP
>> Details:
>>
>> If I try to query the primary key via JDBC driver
>> "postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar" DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys I get not
>> result.
>>
>> create table test (id integer not null primary key(id))
>>
>> ResultSet rs = connection.getMetaData(null,null,"test");
>>
>> rs gives no rows.
>
> It definitely does work, perhaps your table is really "TEST" instead of
> "test"?  If you still believe it's a driver problem, please post a
> complete test case that shows the exact create table command and java code
> calling getPrimaryKeys.
>
> Kris Jurka

Re: BUG #4488: jdbc : DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys no result

От
Kris Jurka
Дата:
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, davidsarmstrong wrote:

> I get the same error. I've verified the table name and the primary key. The
> interesting part is, it seems to work in cases where the primary key is a
> serial.

All I can say is the same as before, it works for me.  If you can post a
complete test case I'd be happy to look at it, but there's not much else I
can do.

Kris Jurka

Re: BUG #4488: jdbc : DatabaseMetaData.getPrimaryKeys no result

От
davidsarmstrong
Дата:
Hi Kris,

Thanks for responding. After further testing I realized that it was working,
but that I was looking at the wrong database :wistle:. I did send an email
but I should have responded to the post.

Happy New Year!

Dave