Обсуждение: Behavior change in PG8.3?

Behavior change in PG8.3?

От
Zahid Khan
Дата:
I see one behavior change is PG8.3 and PG 8.2 .I was getting error=A0 of un=
derflow value in PG8.2=A0 when i
tried to insert '1E-307' in double precision column .And my
application was expecting the same error condition with the same
values=A0 against PG 8.3.3 as well.but now this vaule is inserted successfu=
lly.I was thinking is this expected ,or was broken in PG 8.2 ?

Thanks,
Zahid K.

=20=20=20=20=20=20=

Re: Behavior change in PG8.3?

Дата:
Zahid Khan <khanzahid235@yahoo.com> writes:
> I see one behavior change is PG8.3 and PG 8.2 .I was getting error  of underflow value in PG8.2  when i
> tried to insert '1E-307' in double precision column .And my
> application was expecting the same error condition with the same
> values  against PG 8.3.3 as well.but now this vaule is inserted successfully.I was thinking is this expected ,or was
brokenin PG 8.2 ?

It's not particularly surprising; we now allow denormalized numbers if
the platform supports them.

            regards, tom lane