Обсуждение: BUG #2867: FULL PATH name problem

BUG #2867: FULL PATH name problem

От
"Ted Petrosky"
Дата:

Bug reference:      2867
Logged by:          Ted Petrosky
Email address:      tedpet5@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2
Operating system:   OS X
Details:

I have been working with WebObjects and the EOModeler. When I tell EOModeler
to examine a table, it comes up with this for the primary key.

ALTER TABLE public.article ADD CONSTRAINT public.article_PK PRIMARY KEY
(entityid);

I must change it to be:
ALTER TABLE public.article ADD CONSTRAINT article_PK PRIMARY KEY
(entityid);
because postgresql doesn't like the 'public.' after the CONSTRAINT. I guess
the question is, should it?

Ted

Re: BUG #2867: FULL PATH name problem

Дата:
"Ted Petrosky" <tedpet5@yahoo.com> writes:
> I have been working with WebObjects and the EOModeler. When I tell EOModeler
> to examine a table, it comes up with this for the primary key.

> ALTER TABLE public.article ADD CONSTRAINT public.article_PK PRIMARY KEY
> (entityid);

> I must change it to be:
> ALTER TABLE public.article ADD CONSTRAINT article_PK PRIMARY KEY
> (entityid);
> because postgresql doesn't like the 'public.' after the CONSTRAINT. I guess
> the question is, should it?

No, I think that'd be a bad idea.  The SQL spec does call for a
schema-qualified constraint name here, but that's because they have a
different model of the constraint namespace than we do, to wit, unique
per schema vs. our unique per table.  Unless you want to buy into the
SQL naming model, you shouldn't be trying to specify a schema name here.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #2867: FULL PATH name problem

От
Theodore Petrosky
Дата:
So my problem is that the program EOModeler is forcing
the schema-qualified constraint. I will filed a bug
report with Apple.... Unfortunitily, I believe that
the product has been deprecated.... I have yet to get
eclipse with "entity modeler" working correctly to see
what it does the the name space....

Thanks for the reply

Ted