Обсуждение: BUG #2570: Connection closed unexpectedly

BUG #2570: Connection closed unexpectedly

От
"Pavel Golub"
Дата:

Bug reference:      2570
Logged by:          Pavel Golub
Email address:      pavel@microolap.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.x
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

Bug may be reproduced by any tool using libpq.dll, e.g. PgAdminIII.

1. Connect to server.
2. Execute some queries, e.g. SELECT 2;
3. Wait for a while (to be sure I suggest 20 minutes)
4. Try to execute query, e.g. SELECT version()

We got an error: "server closed the connection unexpectedly. This probably
means the server terminates abnormaly before or while processing the
request."

And we have sonnection status: "Connection broken".

Time of idle may vary, but the behavior is always the same.

No firewall. No additional network settings. Server and client on the same
machine (localhost).

I reproduced this on my machine many times, and have requests from my users.

Re: BUG #2570: Connection closed unexpectedly

Дата:
"Pavel Golub" <pavel@microolap.com> writes:
> 1. Connect to server.
> 2. Execute some queries, e.g. SELECT 2;
> 3. Wait for a while (to be sure I suggest 20 minutes)
> 4. Try to execute query, e.g. SELECT version()

> We got an error: "server closed the connection unexpectedly. This probably
> means the server terminates abnormaly before or while processing the
> request."

[ shrug... ]  You've got broken networking infrastructure.  Postgres
itself does not have any connection timeout.  (Some have complained
that this is a bug, but at least it lets us reject this type of
complaint as not our problem...)

If you were using 8.1 you might be able to stave off the connection
drop by reducing tcp_keepalives_idle, but I don't have any suggestions
for 8.0.

            regards, tom lane