BUG #2570: Connection closed unexpectedly

От Pavel Golub
Тема BUG #2570: Connection closed unexpectedly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2570
Logged by:          Pavel Golub
Email address:      pavel@microolap.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.x
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

Bug may be reproduced by any tool using libpq.dll, e.g. PgAdminIII.

1. Connect to server.
2. Execute some queries, e.g. SELECT 2;
3. Wait for a while (to be sure I suggest 20 minutes)
4. Try to execute query, e.g. SELECT version()

We got an error: "server closed the connection unexpectedly. This probably
means the server terminates abnormaly before or while processing the
request."

And we have sonnection status: "Connection broken".

Time of idle may vary, but the behavior is always the same.

No firewall. No additional network settings. Server and client on the same
machine (localhost).

I reproduced this on my machine many times, and have requests from my users.