Обсуждение: BUG #1581: Problem with capitalised DB names...

BUG #1581: Problem with capitalised DB names...

От
"Marcus v. Scotti"
Дата:

Bug reference:      1581
Logged by:          Marcus v. Scotti
Email address:      m.scotti@fry-it.com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.7
Operating system:   Linux
Details:

When trying to grant database privileges to a group of users there is no way
to do this if the database name is capitalised (i.e. db-name = Test). The
error message when performing the grant operation:

grant all on DATABASE test to group tgroup;

is:

ERROR:  database "test" does not exist

I have used capitalisation an a number of databases, so this now seems to
require me to rename them all in to lower-case...

Re: BUG #1581: Problem with capitalised DB names...

От
Bruno Wolff III
> When trying to grant database privileges to a group of users there is no way
> to do this if the database name is capitalised (i.e. db-name = Test). The
> error message when performing the grant operation:
>
> grant all on DATABASE test to group tgroup;
>
> is:
>
> ERROR:  database "test" does not exist
>
> I have used capitalisation an a number of databases, so this now seems to
> require me to rename them all in to lower-case...

You need to use double quotes (") around database, table or column names that
are not all lowercase.

Re: BUG #1581: Problem with capitalised DB names...

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:37:08 +0100,
  "Marcus v. Scotti" <mvscotti@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks... (maybe include this in the manuals, I couldn't find this
> information...)

It is:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS

Re: BUG #1581: Problem with capitalised DB names...

От
"Marcus v. Scotti"
Дата:
Hi Bruno,

Thanks... (maybe include this in the manuals, I couldn't find this
information...)

Best Regards
   Marcus

--
Marcus v. Scotti
Director

www.fry-it.com

Re: BUG #1581: Problem with capitalised DB names...

От
"Marcus v. Scotti"
Дата:
Hi Bruno,

Oops, I've overlooked that passage. Thanks for your help and sorry for
wasting your time.

Best Ragards
   Marcus