BUG #1581: Problem with capitalised DB names...

От Marcus v. Scotti
Тема BUG #1581: Problem with capitalised DB names...
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1581
Logged by:          Marcus v. Scotti
Email address:      m.scotti@fry-it.com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.7
Operating system:   Linux
Details:

When trying to grant database privileges to a group of users there is no way
to do this if the database name is capitalised (i.e. db-name = Test). The
error message when performing the grant operation:

grant all on DATABASE test to group tgroup;

is:

ERROR:  database "test" does not exist

I have used capitalisation an a number of databases, so this now seems to
require me to rename them all in to lower-case...