Обсуждение: BUG #1558: memory leak in libpq connectDBStart()

BUG #1558: memory leak in libpq connectDBStart()

От
"Cade Cairns"
Дата:

Bug reference:      1558
Logged by:          Cade Cairns
Email address:      cadec@otii.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system:   MacOSX 10.3.8
Details:

The leak occurs when libpq can not establish a connection to the database
server, in my case when it is not running. I believe that when a caller
calls PQreset() or PQresetStart(), the subsequent call to connectDBStart()
clobbers the previous value of addrlist in the PGconn. Presumably,
closePGconn() should be destroying this value.

Re: BUG #1558: memory leak in libpq connectDBStart()

Дата:
"Cade Cairns" <cadec@otii.com> writes:
> The leak occurs when libpq can not establish a connection to the database
> server, in my case when it is not running. I believe that when a caller
> calls PQreset() or PQresetStart(), the subsequent call to connectDBStart()
> clobbers the previous value of addrlist in the PGconn. Presumably,
> closePGconn() should be destroying this value.

Uh ... could we see a complete test case for this?

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #1558: memory leak in libpq connectDBStart()

От
Cade Cairns
Дата:
I will post a patch in a few days. I am extremely busy and don't have
adequate time. I apologize for not having posted more in the first
place.

On 27-Mar-05, at 1:12 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Cade Cairns" <cadec@otii.com> writes:
>> The leak occurs when libpq can not establish a connection to the
>> database
>> server, in my case when it is not running. I believe that when a
>> caller
>> calls PQreset() or PQresetStart(), the subsequent call to
>> connectDBStart()
>> clobbers the previous value of addrlist in the PGconn. Presumably,
>> closePGconn() should be destroying this value.
>
> Uh ... could we see a complete test case for this?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #1558: memory leak in libpq connectDBStart()

Дата:
Any more information on this?