Обсуждение: Bug Report

Bug Report

От
"Elvis E. Henriquez A."
Дата:
PostgreSQL RC4 Command prompt functions on Windows (Windows 2000
Professional - Spanish with SP4) still displays a message in the format:
could not find a "functionname" to execute when executing a psql, pg_dump,
createdb, createuser and some other functions. They work and do the required
job, but display that message first. Psql even displays it twice.

Another bug is in the ODBC driver included, which has been since the first
beta releases of PostgreSQL 8 and it's that it doesn't handle correctly
Spanish/European characters. The database stores them perfectly, but the
ODBC driver doesn't read them, displaying a "?" mark where an accented
work
or a letter ñ should be, and truncating such word in that place.

When updating, creating or deleting a recordset (through the ODBC driver),
the following error is displayed:
Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing.
# -2147467259

Elvis E. Henríquez A.

Re: Bug Report

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 07:27:44AM -0400, Elvis E. Henriquez A. wrote:
> PostgreSQL RC4 Command prompt functions on Windows (Windows 2000
> Professional - Spanish with SP4) still displays a message in the format:
> could not find a "functionname" to execute when executing a psql, pg_dump,
> createdb, createuser and some other functions. They work and do the required
> job, but display that message first. Psql even displays it twice.

Hmm ... I'm not sure I understand the problem here.  Please copy & paste
the exact message and commands executed.

> Another bug is in the ODBC driver included, which has been since the first
> beta releases of PostgreSQL 8 and it's that it doesn't handle correctly
> Spanish/European characters. The database stores them perfectly, but the
> ODBC driver doesn't read them, displaying a "?" mark where an accented
> work or a letter ñ should be, and truncating such word in that place.

Most likely, it's an encoding problem.  Do you have client_encoding
correctly set?  Is the database using the correct server-side encoding?

Please be aware that a there is a high quality spanish list
(pgsql-es-ayuda); feel free to report there, with details added.

Y dijo Dios: "Que sea Satanás, para que la gente no me culpe de todo a mí."
"Y que hayan abogados, para que la gente no culpe de todo a Satanás"

Re: Bug Report

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 09:50:32PM -0400, Elvis E. Henriquez A. wrote:

Hi,

Please keep the copy to the list when replying.

> C:\Documents and Settings\Elvis>psql -h localhost -U postgres -f Update13.sql prueba
> could not find a "psql" to execute
> Password:
> could not find a "psql" to execute

Now that's weird.  But I don't think it's a Postgres problem; maybe your
shell is playing some games on you.  I don't know a lot about Hasefroch
command line utilities to help you more here.

> About the ODBC problem, I don't think it's an encoding problem.
> My database encoding is sql_ascii, which I'm being using since
> postgresql 7.3.2, and worked perfectly. If I use, for example, pgAdmin
> III or phpPgAdmin, data is perfectly displayed. But when I make a
> select statement through the ODBC driver, using for example Visual
> Basic 6 with ADO, the data seems to be damaged,

I think that's exactly the problem.  With SQL_ASCII you should limit
yourself to (7 bit) ASCII characters, or be bitten by Postgres' recoding
capabilities.  If you want to use non-ascii characters, you should
declare your database as LATIN1 or LATIN9, or if it's a Hasefroch server
maybe win125x, cp850, whatever.  And your client_encoding should be set
to the correct value, so that if there is gonna be character conversion,
the results are what you expect.

"La primera ley de las demostraciones en vivo es: no trate de usar el sistema.
Escriba un guión que no toque nada para no causar daños." (Jakob Nielsen)