Re: Bug Report

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Bug Report
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 07:27:44AM -0400, Elvis E. Henriquez A. wrote:
> PostgreSQL RC4 Command prompt functions on Windows (Windows 2000
> Professional - Spanish with SP4) still displays a message in the format:
> could not find a "functionname" to execute when executing a psql, pg_dump,
> createdb, createuser and some other functions. They work and do the required
> job, but display that message first. Psql even displays it twice.

Hmm ... I'm not sure I understand the problem here.  Please copy & paste
the exact message and commands executed.

> Another bug is in the ODBC driver included, which has been since the first
> beta releases of PostgreSQL 8 and it's that it doesn't handle correctly
> Spanish/European characters. The database stores them perfectly, but the
> ODBC driver doesn't read them, displaying a "?" mark where an accented
> work or a letter ñ should be, and truncating such word in that place.

Most likely, it's an encoding problem.  Do you have client_encoding
correctly set?  Is the database using the correct server-side encoding?

Please be aware that a there is a high quality spanish list
(pgsql-es-ayuda); feel free to report there, with details added.

Y dijo Dios: "Que sea Satanás, para que la gente no me culpe de todo a mí."
"Y que hayan abogados, para que la gente no culpe de todo a Satanás"