Обсуждение: not a bug but where do i go for info

not a bug but where do i go for info

От
Theodore Petrosky
Дата:
I am trying to use the libpg interface on OS X with
rc3. There must have been a change that I am not
understanding.

When I compile my app (xcode) I get the following
error.

warning prebinding disabled because dependent library:
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib in not prebound

Can someone help me? I went googling for 'os x
prebinding' libpq.3.dylib

Do I need to worry about this warning? I have always
created my apps on OS X that I could just copy to a
machine. I am under the impression that I would need
to create an installer that would add the dylib to my
target machine when I installed  my app on a different
machine.

Sorry if this is not the correct forum to place this
query.

Ted

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: not a bug but where do i go for info

Дата:
Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5@yahoo.com> writes:
> When I compile my app (xcode) I get the following
> error.
> warning prebinding disabled because dependent library:
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.3.dylib in not prebound

I googled apple.com for "prebinding" and got some useful-looking hits,
such as

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Performance/Conceptual/LaunchTime/Tasks/Prebinding.html

You could try adding -Wl,-prebind to the LDFLAGS for libpq to see if
that produces a correctly prebound libpq.dylib.  Not sure if this will
work or if it has any downsides.

            regards, tom lane