Обсуждение: Configure error on Openssl with Beta5

Configure error on Openssl with Beta5

От
"Aaron Clauson"
Дата:
Hi,

I have been unable to get the configure script to work with the v8 beta 5
distribution when the --with-openssl option is used.

I am using Whitebox Linux and have tried reinstalling/removing all the
openssl packages and also installing openssl from source with no luck.

I am able to get the configure script to work and build without the openssl
option. I am also able to build v7.4.6 fine with openssl.

Thanks,

Aaron Clauson

Re: Configure error on Openssl with Beta5

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 12:56:51AM -0000, Aaron Clauson wrote:

> I have been unable to get the configure script to work with the v8 beta 5
> distribution when the --with-openssl option is used.

What's the exact configure command you're using and what error do
you get?  What does the end of config.log say?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Configure error on Openssl with Beta5

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Configure error on Openssl with Beta5

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Configure error on Openssl with Beta5

Дата:
Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Aaron Clauson wrote:
>> I have been unable to get the configure script to work with the v8 beta 5
>> distribution when the --with-openssl option is used.

> ln -s /usr/kerberos/include/* /usr/include/

??  I've not had to do that on any Red Hat machine I've used ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Configure error on Openssl with Beta5

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Configure error on Openssl with Beta5

Дата:
Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ??  I've not had to do that on any Red Hat machine I've used ...

> Have you tried on RHEL ES 3.0, at least?

I've never installed 3.0 locally, but I have built --with-openssl
on RHL 8.0 and Fedora Core 3, which bracket RHEL-3, and not noticed
any need to mess with kerberos includes in order to build PG.
(On my current Fedora installation I don't seem to have
/usr/kerberos/include at all.)

I notice that the Red Hat RPMs do some include-path hacking when
%kerberos is enabled, but nothing for SSL ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Configure error on Openssl with Beta5

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Configure error on Openssl with Beta5

От
"Aaron Clauson"
Дата:
Hi,

Yes that fixed it. I don't know why? I was hunting around for anything to do
with ssl not with kerberos...

I could run the 7.4.6 configure without needing the symbolic link but
perhaps this is an issue restricted to RedHat and Whitebox.

Thanks a lot,

Aaron