Обсуждение: more information on OSX pg_dump problem

more information on OSX pg_dump problem

От
Theodore Petrosky
Дата:
So, as I said I have a problem restoring data created
with pg_dump. Here is something interesting.

The pg_dump file contains a couple of tables. Some of
them are working. If I go to the line that psql is
telling me is failing, I find the commands to begin
recreating the table:
COPY "fcopenjobs"  FROM stdin;
If I copy and paste the lines (from the dump file)
into psql one by one, it will input fine. However, If
I cut and paste more that two lines, the input fails.
To me (and I have limited knowledge) it appears that
there is some delay that is making things get out of
sync. If  there were some way to 'slow down' the paste
it may work.

There appears to be a problem here. Any help will be
appreciated.

BTW, I had the same problem with 7.3 beta 5. I
downgraded to 7.2.3 because I thought that was the
problem. Now I know that I can go back to 7.3b5 and
have the same problem.
Thanks,

Ted

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: more information on OSX pg_dump problem

Дата:
Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5@yahoo.com> writes:
> COPY "fcopenjobs"  FROM stdin;
> If I copy and paste the lines (from the dump file)
> into psql one by one, it will input fine. However, If
> I cut and paste more that two lines, the input fails.

I'm wondering about newline representations, myself.  Is it possible
that you've got CR or CR/LF newlines, and not LF newlines, in the
dump file?  COPY presently only likes LF (Unix-style) newlines.

            regards, tom lane

Re: more information on OSX pg_dump problem

От
Theodore Petrosky
Дата:
Tom,

I have checked the dump file with hexedit and find
that the lines end with '0A' hex. Only one character.

What is strange is that I have multiple tables, some
of them are going in fine.

Ted

-- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5@yahoo.com> writes:
> > COPY "fcopenjobs"  FROM stdin;
> > If I copy and paste the lines (from the dump file)
> > into psql one by one, it will input fine. However,
> If
> > I cut and paste more that two lines, the input
> fails.
>
> I'm wondering about newline representations, myself.
>  Is it possible
> that you've got CR or CR/LF newlines, and not LF
> newlines, in the
> dump file?  COPY presently only likes LF
> (Unix-style) newlines.
>
>             regards, tom lane

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: more information on OSX pg_dump problem

От
Theodore Petrosky
Дата:
I've just finished the install of 7.3 release on mac
OSX 10.2.2. I notice that initdb will permit me to
init a directory for use, then when running postmaster
using the directory I get a fatal error:

FATAL:  invalid value for option 'LC_TIME': 'en'

Shouldn't initdb check and not init with this locale..

I had to delete, then re-init. Not a real big deal,
just annoying to do something twice.

BTW, what is the problem with OSX that it requires
--no-locale?

Ted