Обсуждение: Bug #703: granted permisions lost next day

Bug #703: granted permisions lost next day

От
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Дата:
Petr Husak (petr.husak@meiller.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
granted permisions lost next day

Long Description
Hello, I've a table named map. I need to allow all users to select from this table. "GRANT select ON map TO public ;"
worksbut permissions are lost next day and I must grant them again and again. I also tried to do it in a transaction:
"BEGIN; GRANT select ON map TO public ; COMMIT ;" but without any efect. Thanks for any help.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

Re: Bug #703: granted permisions lost next day

Дата:
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> Hello, I've a table named map. I need to allow all users to select from this table. "GRANT select ON map TO public ;"
worksbut permissions are lost next day and I must grant them again and again. I also tried to do it in a transaction:
"BEGIN; GRANT select ON map TO public ; COMMIT ;" but without any efect. Thanks for any help.

I'll bet lunch that you have some nightly batch client that's dropping
and recreating the table, or perhaps just REVOKEing permissions on it.
Permissions do not magically disappear.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Bug #703: granted permisions lost next day

Дата:
Very strange.  I can't imagine what would cause this.