Обсуждение: postgres.h missing

postgres.h missing

От
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Дата:
Darren Cook (darren@flyingcolor.com) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
postgres.h missing

Long Description
include/postgres.h is no longer there. php4 tries to include it, so now fails to compile.

postgres_fe.h says:
 * This should be the first file included by PostgreSQL client libraries and
 * application programs --- but not by backend modules, which should include
 * postgres.h.

...which sounds like postgres.h should be there. I created a dummy postgres.h which just includes postgres_fe.h and
php4now compiles.

(BTW php4 is patched in CVS to include postgres_fe.h instead of postgres.h).

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

Re: postgres.h missing

Дата:
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> (BTW php4 is patched in CVS to include postgres_fe.h instead of postgres.h).

PHP *should* have been patched to not include either one.  If they
didn't get it right yet, would you rattle their cage a little more?

            regards, tom lane

Re: postgres.h missing

От
Darren Cook
Дата:
>pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
>> (BTW php4 is patched in CVS to include postgres_fe.h instead of
postgres.h).

>PHP *should* have been patched to not include either one.  If they
>didn't get it right yet, would you rattle their cage a little more?

Sorry to confuse, I got that from the mailing list archives, not the actual
CVS; further on in the thread it says that neither are needed:
  http://www.phpbuilder.com/mail/php-developer-list/2001022/0136.php

(the latest php4 release does not have this patch, so brace yourself as
more people upgrade to 7.1).

Darren