Обсуждение: ERROR: btree: index item size 3048 exceeds maximum 2717

ERROR: btree: index item size 3048 exceeds maximum 2717

От
Dirk Lutzebaeck
ERROR:  btree: index item size 3048 exceeds maximum 2717

This is on 7.0.2 while doing an INSERT. The INSERT aborts and returns
this error. It just occurred now for the first time and now everytime.
There are several indexes defined on this table. Should I rebuild
them all?

What is this?

Regards,

Dirk

Re: ERROR: btree: index item size 3048 exceeds maximum 2717

От
Dirk Lutzebaeck
Дата:
Dirk Lutzebaeck writes:

 > ERROR:  btree: index item size 3048 exceeds maximum 2717
 >
 > This is on 7.0.2 while doing an INSERT. The INSERT aborts and returns
 > this error. It just occurred now for the first time and now everytime.
 > There are several indexes defined on this table. Should I rebuild
 > them all?
 >
 > What is this?

Ok, this looks like an index on a TEXT column can't cope with more
than 2717 octets. I would expect the 8k limit here but it seems
less. I understand that indexing on such long fields may not be
meaningful. But in my application 90% of the text data is very small
but some entries are quite large.

Dirk