Re: ERROR: btree: index item size 3048 exceeds maximum 2717

От Dirk Lutzebaeck
Тема Re: ERROR: btree: index item size 3048 exceeds maximum 2717
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dirk Lutzebaeck writes:

 > ERROR:  btree: index item size 3048 exceeds maximum 2717
 >
 > This is on 7.0.2 while doing an INSERT. The INSERT aborts and returns
 > this error. It just occurred now for the first time and now everytime.
 > There are several indexes defined on this table. Should I rebuild
 > them all?
 >
 > What is this?

Ok, this looks like an index on a TEXT column can't cope with more
than 2717 octets. I would expect the 8k limit here but it seems
less. I understand that indexing on such long fields may not be
meaningful. But in my application 90% of the text data is very small
but some entries are quite large.

Dirk