Обсуждение: our logo question

our logo question

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
Do you know Evernote has registerd Elephant as their trademark ?

Oleg
Вложения

Re: our logo question

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:28:14AM +0300, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Do you know Evernote has registerd Elephant as their trademark ?

I'm pretty sure they can't trademark elephants in general.  At most,
they might be able to trademark something along the lines of, "an
elephant in association with Evernote."

As far as I can tell, they're registering one representation of an
elephant, and we're not using that representation.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: our logo question

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 10/19/2015 06:56 AM, David Fetter wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:28:14AM +0300, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> Do you know Evernote has registerd Elephant as their trademark ?
>
> I'm pretty sure they can't trademark elephants in general.  At most,
> they might be able to trademark something along the lines of, "an
> elephant in association with Evernote."
>
> As far as I can tell, they're registering one representation of an
> elephant, and we're not using that representation.

Yeah, this is a non-issue unless they (Evernote) try to determine we are
in violation of their Elephant at which point we will just have their
Trademark contested as invalid due to the age of the project and our
much pre-evernote-history.

Sincerely,

JD

New rule for social situations: "If you think to yourself not even
JD would say this..." Stop and shut your mouth. It's going to be bad.